Re: New GtkMenu & libbonoboui

> So far no-one has stepped up to do the work though, we get somewhat
> closer to this with the toolbar-rework branch, but that didn't make it
> into Gnome 2.6.0 unfortunately (may go into 2.6.1 if we get it done).

So, Michael, have you any plans of how to do it in libbonoboui? How do
you look at this process?

I think, GtkUIManager implementation can help here, but only partially.
May be, simpliest solution will be in adding new sync to libbonoboui,
that will filter (maybe, with xslt) BonoboUIEngine xml tree to xml-ui
xml tree and then display it. But then we will still have troubles with
components embedding in menus, toolbars and statusbar. Gtk UI
implementation and interface are to simple to cover libbonoboui
functionality. It's sad, that they was developed without looking at
libbonoboui application of those interfaces.

Have you plan to do some cardinal changes, or only adopt library to use
with new gtk? I personally wish to see generic shell implementation in
libbonoboui. Some interface that will help application be "generic
container of components". Look at current GNOME applications: nautilus,
evolution, scaffold. Every serious application that uses components is
forced to implement their own Shell interface. This work can be done in
libbonoboui. With the abilities of inter-component communication and
easy component management.

So, what do you think about all this?

					Shmyrev.