Gnome-DB and Bonobo

Hi All

Im trying to figure out what to do with database connections in my
program and need some advise, so any suggestions is appreciated.

The program consists of a BonoboWindow that activates and embed a
BonoboControl and is the "shell", the "shell" activates a number of
BonoboControl's called "views" and the "views" again activates different
BonoboControl's. Some of these BonoboControl are written in C and some
in C# (Mono).

My problem is that almost all of the controls need to access a database,
I have now just made all components create a connection to a MySQL
database, but that is a waste to have that many connections open. I am
now changing the database to PostgreSQL (do to license changes in
MySQL).

So I need some way of creating a connection pool that all my components
can use whether it is C or C#. So the logical solution is to use
Gnome-DB witch is in C and has a C# wrapper.

Anyone has any other solutions or is this a good solution ?

If I choose to go with gnome-db, how would I go about transferring the
GdaClient (which I understands makes a connection pool) to my
BonoboControls. Is there anyway to do that ?

Any help is appreciated.

/Mikkel