Re: using ORBit_small_listen_for_broken() with bonobo objects

A Seg, 2004-07-12 às 08:10, Ben Liblit escreveu:
> I have a fairly simple server implemented as a Bonobo factory.  Each
> client causes the factory to create one instance of a trivial
> BonoboObject subclass.  The factory uses
> bonobo_running_context_auto_exit_unref() to exit when the last client
> shuts down.  This works fine when clients exit properly, but not when
> clients die abruptly, e.g. by crashing.
>
> It seems that ORBit_small_listen_for_broken() is the thing to use here.
>   But I don't see how to hook that up properly:
>
> Given an instance of a BonoboObject subclass, how do I obtain the
> corresponding CORBA_Object to use in the call to

  CORBA_Object ref = BONOBO_OBJREF(server);

> ORBit_small_listen_for_broken()?  Is that even a meaningful thing to ask
> for, or is the BonoboObject/CORBA_Object relationship more subtle?

  I don't think it makes much sense what you're trying to do.
ORBit_small_listen_for_broken() is meant to be used by the clients of a
particular server object do detect when the connection with the server
got lost.  In the server side there is no connection with its own
objects, so...