Re: Simple example of image viewer with bonob and orbit

Hi Peter,

On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 14:20, Peter Van Osta wrote:
> I am looking for a simple example to start with to build as system which
> sends a stream of images over an ORBit link and with the use of bonobo
> from a ORBit-server to an ORBit-client.

	Well; the EOG component implements the PersistStream interface; this
has a method:

	load (in Stream str);  [ libbonobo/idl/Bonobo_Persist.idl ]

	Clearly this gets the component to load the data from the Stream. You
have to supply an implementation of the Stream interface - that can be
passed to 'load' [ libbonobo/idl/Bonobo_Storage.idl ].

	For an in-memory stream, see bonobo/bonobo-stream-memory.h for file,
and VFS backends you need to use a moniker: bonobo_get_object
("file://tmp/foo.png", "Bonobo/Stream"); should work.

	HTH,

 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot