listener question

Hello,

I'm trying to create a GNOME panel applet to control a certain music player application through bonobo. The applet attaches itself as a listener to the application's property bag notification events.

The thing is that the applet (the listener) is long lived and the event source is not.

I think one way to handle this is to:
 1. poll bonobo_activation_query for an active event source
 2. attach listener to event source
 3. process notification events
 4. [event source destroyed] remove listener and goto 1.

Is there a better way to do this? If not, what is the best way to do 4? Is there a signal emitted when the event source is destroyed?

I'm very new to bonobo and will greatly appreciate any advice you may have.

Thanks,
Jon