Re: Privatizing 'linc' ...

On ศ., 2003-05-23 at 11:00, Frank Rehberger wrote:
> To join linc sources into ORBit2 module would be usefull,
> eliminating a further dependency of ORBit2 to other modules, I think.

I think it would be daft to include linc in ORBit, if there are projects
out there that use linc as a standalone library. It goes against all the
principles of code re-use (bugfixes would need replicating locally in
each project that has absorbed the linc codebase etc).

I also think that, if linc's API is currently considered naff, that it
should remain API/ABI frozen as-is, whilst a 'linc2' is designed and
developed in parallel that _is_ generic enough to be considered a useful
standalone library. Isn't that what normally happens?

Just my tuppence.

--
Ross