Re: Bonobo-Activation docs

A Qua, 2003-05-07 às 21:03, Martin Kretzschmar escreveu:
> Hi list,
>
> Yesterday, I was going to work on the server-xml-reference.sgml
> (standard oaf_attributes etc.) but than got distracted by IRC. So
> suddenly I was fixing the wrong file, configuring.sgml ;-)

  Many good things happen by accident :)
  I just applied your patch, then realized the bonobo-activation docs
were not building (a side effect of the b-a libbonobo merge).  I just
fixed it in CVS.

> May I commit the attached patch?

  I guess I'm more or less the documentation maintainer, now.  So, go
ahead. And thanks!

> I couldn't answer the real question of the guy on IRC: He has a
> bonobo-activation with prefix=/usr. Can he make it look for server files
> in /usr/local/lib/bonobo/servers before /usr/lib/bonobo/servers?

  I've been looking at the source and it seems that you *can* override
the system servers directory.  Whatever directories specified in the
config file take precedence over the compile-time default
($prefix/lib/bonobo/servers).  In addition, within the config file,
latter entries take precedence.  BONOBO_ACTIVATION_PATH can also be set
to a colon separated directory list, with latter directories taking
precedence.  GNOME_PATH too can be used to specify additional
directories.

> And I want to reformulate my second question from monday:
>
> Are repo_ids, name, and description really mandatory attributes, or is
> the description from doc/activation/standard-attributes.txt correct?

  That I don't know...

--
Gustavo João Alves Marques Carneiro