Re: Learning about BonoboControls/NautilusViews

Hi Michael,

Am Don, 2003-04-24 um 20.01 schrieb Martin Kretzschmar:
> >  It'd be better IMHO to knock up a document in libbonobo/doc
> > that describes the known tags, and gives a nice example for people to
> > cut and paste I think.
>
> I thought that in the wiki it's much easier/quicker to correct or
> comment on what's `knocked up' than with DocBook in CVS plus comments
> over email. (Of course, the textareas of today's browsers lose when
> compared to emacs)

If OTOH there _is_ already a file (server-xml-reference.sgml) in
libbonobo/doc/activation-api which ``only'' needs to be updated a bit,
then, of course I'd work on that.

(latest know html:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/bonobo-activation/server-xml-reference.html )

And here's a question (I want to update the existing .server snippets):

What would I use to replace this one (most minimal .server file)

<oaf_info>
<oaf_server iid="OAFIID:oaf_naming_service:7e2b90ef-eaf0-4239-bb7c-812606fcd80d"
  type="exe" location="oafd">
</oaf_server>
<oaf_info>

And here another one: Is it allowed to have such an entry for a factory

<oaf_server iid="OAFIID:Bonobo_Sample_Echo_Factory" type="exe"
	location="/usr/lib/bonobo-2.0/samples/bonobo-echo-2">
</oaf_server>

i.e. no description attribute, no name, not even repo_ids?

Something different: the activation-api dir is not built atm. So I have to
touch the doc build process anyways: do you want to keep the documentation from
api (for libbonobo) and activation-api separated?

Regards,
	Martin