Re: Is this meant to happen? (was Re: commit: AbiWord is now a Nautilus View.

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Martin Sevior wrote:
> > What version of Nautilus are you using btw? There was a leak once that
> > made it not free the views. It was broken between 2.1.2 and 2.1.91 I
> > think.
> >

> It's just the version that ships with RH 8.0. I noticed the EOG shutsdown
> OK but the text view stays activated after a text view has closed.

Eog is a bad example in this case. The Nautilus bug Alex refers to affect
only NautilusView objects. Eog doesn't expose this interface (only
BonoboControl) and is wrapped with a NautilusView by Nautilus itself. In
the latter case objects get freed well. I suspect your Nautilus version
has the bug.

   Jens