Re: Is this meant to happen? (was Re: commit: AbiWord is now a Nautilus View.

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Michael Meeks wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> On Sun, 2003-03-30 at 18:19, Martin Sevior wrote:
> > 	Thanks VERY much for this tip.
>
> 	I think there are probably two problems here; firstly, nautilus is not
> de-merging all the menus when it's finished with the control - it should
> be sending a de-activate signal of some sort - which is a long-running
> problem.
>
> 	Secindly though - it's likely that you're leaking a BonoboObject
> reference count. ie. not a GObject reference.
>
> 	It's worth reading libbonobo/doc/refcounting.txt to see what that
> means. To track referencing problems it's perhaps best to re-build
> libbonobo with --enable-debug=yes, and then:
>
> 	export BONOBO_DEBUG=refs
>
> 	and run your abiword component from the console.
>
> 	Often that _can_ help get some idea for the sequence that refs are
> happening in on your object.

Ah thanks for the further clues. I'll try this sort of thing. That doc
wasn't in libbonobo-2.0.1.tar.gz which was what I was using for a source
code reference.

All the other issues I raised in that email are fixed now. (Dom took out
the menu bar.)

I'll remove the unref work-around as soon as I get to the bottom of the
ref counting  issue. Thanks for the help. I must say that I find bonobo
pretty cool :-)

Cheers

Martin