Success - Thanks! (was) Re: Sample bonobo2 container.

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Martin Sevior wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Jason Hildebrand wrote:
>

> > Hi Martin,
> >
> > Attached is a small program which embeds an EOG (eye of gnome) control
> > to display an image -- it's probably useful for your purposes.  I hacked
> > it together mostly from the EOG source code to learn how to do controls
> > and UI merging, and I'm using a variation of it as a container for
> > testing bonobo support in Vim.

<snip>

> > An extremely simple Makefile is also attached.
>
> Thanks VERY much James. This is exactly what I wanted. I recommend that
                   ^^^^^

Doh! Sorry Jason :-(

> this code be placed in the samples directory of libbonobo.

Hi Jason,
	Thanks to your help we now have a mostly working Gnome-2 bonobo
component :-)

See:

http://www.ph.unimelb.edu.au/~msevior/abiword/abiControl-bonobo.png

For AbiWord-2.0 embedded in a sample container. I'll post the code for the
sample container after our abiword 1.1.4 release (due tomorrow) which will
have this in it. I have some bugs to iron out connecting to the controls'
property bag.

Sounds like we should also swap notes on making Nautilus views too :-) I
would like to embed AbiWord in Nautilus.

Cheers

Martin