more questions about bonobo_widget

I am trying this:

GtkWidget * preview = bonobo_widget_new_control( psFileMoniker,
CORBA_OBJECT_NIL );
// this actually creates GGV component - it is showing perfectly and
everything...
                                                                                                                    BonoboControlFrame *bcf = bonobo_widget_get_control_frame( BONOBO_WIDGET( preview ) );
// some not-null pointer

BonoboUIComponent *buic = bonobo_control_frame_get_popup_component( bcf,
NULL );
// some not-null pointer

CORBA_char *uidata = bonobo_ui_component_get( buic, "/", True, NULL );
printf( "data: [%s]\n", uidata );

And on output, I see:

 data: [<Root>
<keybindings/>
<commands/>
</Root>
]

Why would popup component SO empty in GGV? I expected to get some
commands, some menu items - some content...

What I am doing wrong? Is it legal to call bonobo_widget_new_control
with null Bonobo_UIContainer?

Cheers,

--
Sergey