(no subject)

Hello mailing list participants,

 I have some questions about PropertyBags.

 The COM book I have talks about client saving
 properties of object on its behalf. So as I see
 Bonobo is based on the same ideas so I do allow
 myself to pose some questions here (not to mention
 that I surely prefer free way of development and
 ability to look behind the curtain) I rahter
 cannot grasp:

 1) Why object cannot and should not save its properties itself?
 2) If indeed client is so capable guy why the idea
    of it storing data on someones' behalf should only
    be restricted to properties and not to other data?
 3) As complementary to the previous.
    What are properties exactly? Where is the difference
    between them and other data? (Saying that it is just
    attribute/value pair would not help much, cause one can well
    imagine attribute/value of the form:
    Data/Actual Data)

 Have a good year.

 Yours sincerely