Re: how to specify the preferred control for a mime type?

On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 11:15, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Jaka,
>
> On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 22:31, Jaka Mocnik wrote:
> > if two controls - ggv and gpdf - support one mime type, is there a
> > general way (without prepending the control oafid to the moniker) to
> > specify which one is preferred to be resolved to when doing a
> > bonobo_get_object() for that mime type?
>
> 	Nope; sadly not - there is rather a confusion of systems for
> determining the defaults of anything.
Yeah, I noticed that... ;)

>  The best way is to have a single
> component - that works brilliantly [ in an ideal world ;-].
The first solution to cross my mind: clean and least confusing for the user.
but I'm reluctant to drop PDF support from GGV (yet) as gpdf still doesn't
handle some PDFs quite right. well, my personal choice for PDF
previewing is the acrobat reader - I guess those folks at Adobe really
know what PDF is all about (I wonder why...;)

regards,
	jaKa

--

email: jaka gnu org