Re: Sending a 'hint' to a BonoboUIContainer

Hi Gergo,

On Sun, 2003-11-23 at 19:58, ERDI Gergo wrote:
> Is it possible to send a hint string (just like the container itself does
> when mousing over menu items) to a BonoboUIContainer?
> I guess bonobo_ui_component_set_status is supposed to be similar, but I
> had troubles getting it to work: either I get a WRONG_PATH exception, or I
> have to do something like this beforehand:
>
> bonobo_ui_component_set_translate (uic, "/",

	Right; you need to instantiate the status bar.

> but this totally messes up custom-programmed statusbars on the container
> side (i.e. ones that don't use BonoboWindow's internal statusbar but
> instead implement add_hint/remove_hint handlers on their own).

	Hmm; how does this add/remove hint stuff work ? is it a new gtk+
feature ? possibly we can hook it to use the bonobo statusbar itself.

 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot