Re: Mono & bonobo-components & CORBA

Mikkel Kruse Johnsen wrote:

Hi Frank

That is what I was thinking. The main goal is to be able to make Bonobo C# components that can be integrated into the Gnome desktop, without changing the programs accessing the component. That ofcause means that the bonobo-activation (in C) need to be able to start C# DLL components (or some C wrapper that can do that).

If you are willing to help out it would be cool. Do you have some design ideas ?

AFAICS, we need to define ".Net <--> CORBA" mapping. Probably we need shared services like NameService, activation service, interface repository service. I do not know .Net framework well, first I need a good document describing .Net services and how remote requests are marshalled. Do you know any good .Net reference doc?

AFAICS, more or less design should look like CORBA-DCOM interoperability bridge.

best regards, Frank