Re: GEP 5: New Object Adaptor for ORBit2

Hey Again,

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> 3.5 Integration With Bonobo
>
>    It  should  be straightforward to integrate the adaptor with libbonbo.
>    It  is  imagined  that  if  BonoboObject  is implemented using the new
>    adaptor,  it will become only an implementation of the Bonobo::Unknown
>    interface.  For  backward compatibility reasons another name change is
>    likely to be needed. Perhaps BonoboUnknown may be appropriate?

	Okay, so I obviously was on crack writing this part. For ABI
compatibility reasons we obviously can't implement BonoboUnkown as a
sub-class of ORBitGServant and then magically switch all BonoboObjects
over to BonoboUnknown. I can't think of a way around this ... seems
like we're stuck ... bonobo would have to continue to implement all
its interfaces based on BonoboObject, although it could make the
GServant based interface available for people implementing new
objects.

	Comments Michael ?

Good Luck,
Mark.