ORBit2 socket cleanup

Hi Havoc,

On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 23:57, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> OK, so it's just a clutter issue.
>
> Is there a way to check whether a domain socket still has someone
> listening on it? If so, why can't we just sweep the directory every X
> minutes and nuke the dead ones, or do that on login/logout?

	Right - so I wrote the linc-cleanup-sockets binary, that should cleanup
any stray sockets (as you might expect :-). I'll do a release with it
included shortly, a volunteer to add it to gnome-session, or to point me
where to do that would be appreciated.

> As an aside, I probably wouldn't have noticed this atexit() handler at
> all if it wasn't printing irritating debug spew every time I quit an
> app...

	That's a feature - but I've turned it off so it'll only be there in a
G_ENABLE_DEBUG build. I just thought of another reason for the atexit
handler, though - to try and flush any remaining blocking oneway's in
the pipe :-)