Re: [G2R] Re: Various releases ...

Hi Havoc,

On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 23:57, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> OK, so it's just a clutter issue.

	Hmm :-)

> Is there a way to check whether a domain socket still has someone
> listening on it? If so, why can't we just sweep the directory every X
> minutes and nuke the dead ones, or do that on login/logout?

	We can do that; I think it's best to do it on login personally. All I
need is someone to tell me where to hack the thing up; there's no
particular need to link to ORBit2 to do that in fact. Where is the best
place for that code ? I'm happy to hack it up.

> As an aside, I probably wouldn't have noticed this atexit() handler at
> all if it wasn't printing irritating debug spew every time I quit an
> app...

	Heh, you could try not leaking CORBA handles then - oh, but that might
involve some shutdown logic :-)