Re: Implementation inheritance

On Sat, 9 Mar 2002, ERDI Gergo wrote:

> After playing around with every combination of virtual inheritance, I
> decided to look for 'canonical' answers on the Web. However, the pages
> I've found all boiled down to my initial solution.

Don't you hate it when you send an email and half a minute later you
find the answer by yourself?

So the solution is:

class Hello_impl: public virtual POA_hellomodule::Hello
{
public:
	virtual char* helloWorld (const char* greeting) throw (CORBA::SystemException);
};

class Hello2_impl: public virtual POA_hellomodule::Hello2,
		   public virtual Hello_impl
{
public:
	void foo () throw (CORBA::SystemException);
};

I forgot that if Hello_impl inherits POA_hellomodule::Hello only virtually
but you instancize(sp?) a Hello_impl, it will (of course) get a fully
working POA_hellomodule::Hello ancestor.

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001