Re: cpp: Wrapping C server implementations.

Hi Murray,

On Tue, 2002-04-16 at 14:32, Murray Cumming wrote:
> I'm trying to think about how to wrap libbonobo*'s various server
> implementations for C++. These seem to be anything that derives from
> BonoboObject. They implement an interface and provide a sugary C API.
> For instance, BonoboControlFrame in libbonoboui.

	Right.

> Obviously the C++ equivalent should inherit from the generated
> POA_Bonobo::ControlFrame skel, just like a real C++ CORBA server.

	Why ?

> But by
> doing that we are actually implementing another server. We'd then have 2
> CORBA servers "running" (I'm not sure exactly what that means), with the
> C++ server delegating to the C server. That seems odd.

	Hmm; it would be far, far better to inherit from the BonoboObject, and
hook the skel code to proxy the BonoboObjects' CORBA_Object rather than
a new object - if that's possible ? is it feasible to construct a C++
skel from a C CORBA_Object ?