Re: [G2R] Re: Removing _construct functions when fixing _new() functions.

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 07:39:41PM -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:

> Michael Meeks <michael ximian com> writes:
> > On Mon, 2002-04-15 at 15:17, Owen Taylor wrote:
> > > Not really my place to say this here, but I think we need to really be
> > > strict and say that we don't make incompatible API changes within a
> > > stable API. Ever. Even if we think that nobody could/should be using the API.
> >
> > 	Precisely - but only when we've hit that stage. Gtk+ is there, but the
> > rest of Gnome is ( as yet ) still in a phase where API changes can be
> > approved by the release team on a merit basis.
> >
> > 	Clearly when we hit 2.0 / some other agreed pre-milestone that will
> > change.
>
> OK, I was jumping to conclusions then.

I would not go quite that far.  While we are still permitting some
change, any proposals associated a widely used entry point had
better have a very very good rationale.  Things on the periphery
have more leeway, but the core should not be moving.