Re: libbonoboui gnome-2 BonoboControl trouble on activate signal

Hi there,

On Fri, 2002-04-12 at 13:34, gandalfn wrote:
> I would like develop a bonobo2 control component who plug in a shell
> interface. This component have ui interface who merge with the shell.
> After a look in sample and source of libbonoboui I created a callback
> for the signal "activate" who load xml bonoboui interface :

	The code looks fine.

> In start it's work fine but the switch to another window hide the menu
> and toolbar in shell window !

	Can you expand on what is going wrong ? possibly it's the control-frame
side, I think you want to do:

	bonobo_control_frame_set_autoactivate (frame, FALSE)

	in the shell; since otherwise as you gain / loose focus you'll get
activated / de-activated - a very odd, and pretty useless feature. This
does in fact default to FALSE, but ... possibly you turned it on ?

	Also until recently sawfish was doing very odd things with focus, so
you might like to make sure that's still working.

	Also, to help debug you could do: export ORBIT2_DEBUG=traces, and see
if you can see the traffic that messes around with it ?

	Let me know how you get on,