Re: orbit 1/2 interoperation

Hi Havoc,

On 26 Sep 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> If some ORBit Experts (tm) could help me out with these issues I'd
> appreciate it, I'm holding off on commiting my changes until we get
> this resolved, but running gnome1/gnome2 apps at the same time isn't
> going to be possible until we do.

        Ok - the interoperability thing is in my TODO, but it's not
getting any higher. The issue is this:

        We used to have a shared regression test ORBit1 -> ORBit2, and
when I was developing the small stubs part I used the ORBit1 skels to test
the code - since the ORBit2 skels code was broken :-) then I wrote the
skels part and tested it vs. ORBit1. Problem is, since then we've expanded
the tests a lot so that now it is hard to run them across both orbs.

        So ... the best idea is to commit your gconf patches on a branch
somehow, and I'll pull them down and try and solve the interoperability
problems here in a nicely Meeks instrumented environment; it's hopefully
nothing worse than a bit of orbit specific IOR tag clash or something :-)

        Can you mail me privately with the branch so I don't loose the
mail into the orbit-list ? :-)