Re: Kparts and Bonobo..

Hi Philippe,

	I havn't read your article due to lack of time, but thanks for
your positive response and interaction.

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Philippe FREMY wrote:
> the two components philosophies. Simply, KDE and Gnome don't have the
> same goals with their components.

	Quite true - although we do share a huge amount of common ground I
think.

> Dirk-Jan has pointed out that in my article, I gave arguments against
> Corba and made assumptions on Bonobo based on these. I have changed
> the sentence to "Corba makes it difficult to achieve these
> requirements".

	:-) which is where we beg to differ, but there is a case to be
answered certainly, and that's why Bonobo is more than just some CORBA
interfaces.

> I am getting deeper into Bonobo and have a few questions. I'll post
> them in another mail and get back to work (my boss is coming).

	I would reccommend reading libbonobo, libbonoboui, ORBit2, linc if
I were you - we've just released alphas of these for Gnome 2.0, they clean
up a load of nasty mess around the place and will be easier to read.

	I look forward to your comments, more eyes on the code are always
welcome,