Re: IDL files

Maciej Stachowiak <mjs noisehavoc org> writes:
> The Bonobo_Unknown.idl file you mention is actually compatible and
> could in theory be moved to a shared package that contains only IDL at
> the packaging system level. If the IDL files and interfaces with
> incompatible changes were all renamed for GNOME 2, I think this would
> be an OK approach.
>
> If not, there is really no option but to version the directories.

OK, thinking about this more: assuming all files will stay compatible,
and then factoring out an RPM for each overlapping fileset, seems like
a Giant Pain In The Ass (tm). Maybe it just seems that way since I
would have to do it. ;-)

Anyhow, the subdirectories approach Just Works since we are already
using pkg-config to get an IDL dir in libbonobo configure.in.

(It might be nice to add a native --idlflags feature to pkg-config,
but that can wait for now.)

So I'm going to go for subdirectories, no one seems to have much
opinion anyhow.

Havoc