Re: Adding Bonobo::GeneralError exception to Bonobo::Moniker::resolve ?

Hi Martin,

On 29 Aug 2001, Martin Baulig wrote:
> can we add a Bonobo::GeneralError exception or anything equivalent to
> the Bonobo::Moniker::resolve method ?

        Yes - I think it's reasonable to have some sort of generic error
here - since there are such a smorgasboard of things that can and do go
wrong with moniker resolution - also; we currently try to propagate
exceptions from various processes - some of which are not declared in the
IDL which will cause serious grief out of proc.

        If you could use:

void
bonobo_exception_general_error_set (CORBA_Environment *ev,
                                    CORBA_TypeCode    *opt_deriv,
                                    const char        *format,
                                    ...)

        ( see bonobo-exception.h ), to set the exception that would be
good - currently it's stubbed, but needs implementing.