Re: Control lifecycle thoughts ... thanks.

Hi Darin,

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Darin Adler wrote:
> The basic approach you describe there looks great, although I find the
> document quite cryptic.

        Wonderful - I'm glad you approve. Thanks for taking the time
to look at it; sorry it's cryptic - I tried to make it unambiguous,
yet compact.

> I don't see anything here that makes it clear when the "broken"
> signal is emitted on the Control side, or by what object.

        Sorry - the 'broken' signal comes from the LINCConnection
object on the CORBA_Object.

> If the "broken" signal can happen in the middle of a function that's
> working with the BonoboControl, then that function must hold a
> reference to the BonoboControl.

        Good point - the broken signal can happen anytime, during the
linc mainloop - so we need to delay any destruction logic to a glib
idle handler. I've updated the document here, and the re-write is well
underway.

        Thanks,