Re: moniker questions

Hi Dirk,

On 20 Oct 2001, Dirk-Jan C. Binnema wrote:
> > Also, if I want to access the monikers through its
> > "IDL:Bonobo/Unknown:1.0" interface, the moniker segfaults.
>
> To respond to myself: I do know that whatever the moniker returns
> doesn't nessarily (or likely) *have* a Bonobo/Unknown interface, as
> it's pretty useless by itself. However, it shouldn't crash..

        Hey :-) yes - it shouldn't seg-fault; however what you are asking
from the moniker is essentialy meaningless.

        As for gnumeric, yes - as of the current time the example is a
potential example thing rather than a working 'you can do it' sort of
thing; which sucks. I think it's worth getting the compound document code
right in Gnome 2.0 rather than trying to fix it in Gnome 1.0 though -
indeed I'd encourage everyone to be looking at porting to and moving to
Gnome 2.0 ASAP.