Re: Committed patch to bonobo-activation

On 18Oct2001 07:07PM (-0400), jacob berkman wrote:
> On Thu, 2001-10-18 at 17:08, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>
> > When there is a public CORBA interface, it will almost certainly be an
> > in-process component and will require a C function call to get
> > it. Otherwise, you have an infinite regress of bootstrapping
> > problems. If you know of a better way to get at a primordial CORBA
> > server that can be used for activating others, I'm all ears.
>
> well putting oafd into gnome-session and setting an env var to its IIOR
> would probably work well for all realistic-in-the-near-term cases we
> would run into, right?

For GNOME 2.0 I plan to make bonobo-activation-server exit after a
certain period of idle time and get launched on demand. I also have
plans to incompatible change the private IDL (for instance to remove
use of CORBA contexts) so I would rather people not rely on those
interfaces.

 - Maciej