Re: bonobo UI prefixes

on 10/9/01 1:43 PM, Havoc Pennington at hp redhat com wrote:

> gnome-terminal passes $(prefix) to bonobo_ui_util_set_ui(), which is
> then concatted with gnome/ui, so it looks for the xml file in
> prefix/gnome/ui instead of prefix/share/gnome/ui where g-t installs
> it.

The parameter is just named wrong. If you look at the other callers of
bonobo_ui_util_set_ui, you'll see that the vast majority (including all the
calls in nautilus and evolution) pass in datadir. I used LXR and found a 85
callers, so I couldn't quickly look at all of them to find out if anyone
else made the same mistake as gnome-terminal and passed in the prefix as
documented instead of passing in the datadir which works.

I think anjuta2 is one example.

> Not sure of the right fix, but one attempt is appended. OK to commit?

Your fix looks good to me. Fixing the documentation and variable names in
bonobo is nice, and gnome-terminal should be fixed to pass datadir in any
case.

    -- Darin