oaf and bonobo question

I hope that this is the right place to ask this and, more to the point, the right place to get an answer.

I have been trying to install bonobo 1.0.2, which requires oaf. I downloaded and installed oaf 0.6.6 without any problems. However, when I try to install bonobo, it is unable to locate oaf in the ./configure process. I have looked and it is located in /usr/local/bin

The exact message is: checking for Oaf >= 0.6.2 . . . Unknown library 'oaf'

After that, ./configure stops.

Any thoughts on what I can do to resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Ian.

Ian Truelsen
Masters program in Philosophy
University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
BA (Wilfrid Laurier University)
Email: ihtruelsen hotmail com

Current favourite quote:
"No great civilisation likes forests."
K.F. O'Connor
Lincoln College, Christchurch, New Zealand