Re: dot-oaf style questions

Hi Bill,

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Bill Haneman wrote:

> Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> >
> >         <oaf_attribute name="repo_ids" type="stringv">
> >                 <item value="IDL:GNOME/PanelAppletShell:1.0"/>
> >                 <item value="IDL:Bonobo/Control:1.0"/>
> >                 <item value="IDL:Bonobo/Unknown:1.0"/>
> >         </oaf_attribute>
>
> Do you have to specify Bonobo/Unknown and Control in this case ? - I
> thought the other interfaces derived from it, and that one needn't
> explicitly list derived interfaces in oaf attributes.  Am I wrong?

	You don't *need* to - this information if only used when
querying.

	So in this example, where PanelAppletShell is an aggregate,
the Bonobo/Unknown part is of no use to *me* - but may be of use to
bonobo-browser if it wanted to query for all Bonobo_Unknowns
available.

	Its completely up to you what information you want to make
available.

Good Luck,
Mark.