Re: dot-oaf style questions

Dirk:
>>> - <!-- comments --> in .oaf files are not allowed, although they would
>>> be quite useful; any work being done to add support for comments?

Darin:
>> They should be allowed. What gives you the impression that they are not?

Dirk:
> Well, the example from my tutorial, where I use a regular
> bonobo_object_activate.

OK. I know what this is about. It's a libxml1 -> libxml2 change. There are
now nodes created for all sorts of things that weren't created before. It's
a bug in bonobo-activation and nautilus that can be fixed by tweaking the
code that walks the DOM tree.

> In the meantime, the current setup seems to work quite well; still, OAF
> hasn't really been used as a dev lib very much outside the GNOME
> innercircle...

In general, what a component wants to do is to advertise "I am good for
these purposes". The repo_ids attribute is one way to do that. In a strange
way, the exact class names listed are almost beside the point.

Maybe someone has some ideas about how to make this a bit more rational?

    -- Darin