Re: ORBit2 and async stuff

Hi Martin,

On 25 May 2001, Martin Baulig wrote:
> how does the following API look ?

	I don't quite understand what problem you are trying to solve
with this API. Personaly I would implement a file selector without a new
interface, simply using a selector control and a set of standard
properties such as 'selector:mode' == MULTI / SINGLE, selector:selection
= a sequence<string> and the event source to notify of changes in the
selection [ if the user is in fact interested in this - which often they
arn't ], selector:mime_filters = sequence<string>

> The CORBA API (ClientID is unique per GNOME::Selector object, AsyncID
> is set by the client to

	Why have a unique ID per GNOME::Selector object when you have the
unique CORBA_Object reference ?

> 	Bonobo::Control getControl ();

	If we have a getControl, we should have a setControl too, but I'm
not quite understanding how this should work.

> 	string getEntryText ();
> 	void setEntryText (in string text);

	This would strike me as an ideal property.

> 	string getURI ();
> 	void setURI (in string uri,
> 		     in AsyncData async_data);

	As would this - but then I don't understand the async_data.

	So, in a nutshell, I'm confused :-)