Re: ORBit2 and async stuff

Michael Meeks wrote:

Hi Martin,

On 25 May 2001, Martin Baulig wrote:

is ORBit2 going to be a multi-threaded ORB or will it still be
single-threaded ?

	It is multi-threaded, or at least thread safe.

I'm wondering because a multi-threaded ORB would help me alot to
simplify the GNOME::Selector interface. With a single-threaded ORB I
need to implement almost all methods in GNOME::Selector as oneway and
have them emit an event on a Bonobo::EventSource when they're done.
Why not use the DII, send requests with CORBA_RESP_NO_WAIT flag set and poll for the results?
This seems to me the CORBA way of doing it, but it produces some ugly code.

regards,
	jaKa

--

email: jaka gnu org