Re: Moniker-based d&d and c&p

Hi Gergo,

On Sat, 19 May 2001, ERDI Gergo wrote:
> I was just using AbiWord as an example -- I know both it and gEdit are
> not Bonobo-based yet, I was just looking for a model application for
> rich text editing and a model application for plain text editing.

	I'm so glad you're working on this :-) it gives me confidance that
the issues will be addressed and solved.

> So that still leaves my question open.

	Currently there is no model / sample implementation, there is only
a vague feeling that monikers are the solution waiting to happen to the
problem of D&D.

> And re: my original question, will we pass moniker strings on the
> clipboard, or IORs of currently running monikers? How is this working
> in COM-land?

	I would pass a stringified moniker personaly - not least because
it will be significantly smaller than a standard IOR.