Re: Bonobo resize broken?

Hi Michael,

On Thu, 10 May 2001, Michael Meeks wrote:

> > Ok, I will try the pure GTK stuff tonight and add the properties
> > (AFAIK they are not there). What about adding a "deprecated" flag to
> > the API?
>
>         I would use the properties - it's more useful for everyone I
> think. The API is left there in case people want to implement the plug /
> socket size negotiation in a different way - currently it is tied to the X
> plug / socket, and is sub-optimal in several ways requiring the plug /
> socket to be realized before doing sizing correctly.

after digging into the Bonobo/GTK/X resizing mechanism the whole weekend,
I finally found the nasty bug. Its really ridiculous. The size of the
BonoboWindow gets initialized with gtk_widget_set_usize.  If you do this,
all further size requests by a component will be ignored. Anyway, after
removing this single line in eog-window.c, my code works now. Thank you
for your suggestions.

 Jens