Re: GConf debate ... - the ironic hub.
- From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs noisehavoc org>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>, Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org>, gnome-2-0-list gnome org, gconf-list gnome org, gnome-components-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: GConf debate ... - the ironic hub.
- Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 12:34:08 -0700
On 19Jun2001 03:22PM (-0400), Havoc Pennington wrote:
> If the C API is deprecated that is purely with respect to the GNOME
> Project, as a standalone project my current plans are to continue to
> support the GConf API. wrt to the GNOME Project we don't have much way
> to make a decision like this, of course. ;-)
I don't think we should deprecate the C API. Adding an API to the
platform in one release and deprecating it in the next is lame. I'd
rather see both APIs supported for now.
] [Thread Prev