Re: GConf debate ... the hermenutical key
- From: Sander Vesik <Sander Vesik Sun COM>
- To: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
- Cc: Jody Goldberg <jgoldberg home com>, gnome-2-0-list gnome org, gconf-list gnome org, gnome-components-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: GConf debate ... the hermenutical key
- Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:33:54 +0100 (BST)
On 18 Jun 2001, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > Delaying the jump to new interfaces is what has slowed gnome
> > development and forced revolutionary rather than evolutionary
> > api change.
> > - libxml : We should have made the jump to 2.0 as a group long ago
> > (eg post 1.2) Look at the bugs and wasted effort due to continued
> > use of the old code.
> BTW, I suppose we're finally going to use libxml2 for GNOME 2.0, are we not?
AFAIK, yes. We would lose a lot of cool things like the current libxslt
and things like gnome-db2html3 use it. Among other things, it means full
and real docbook support as well as people being able to (potentially)
choose stylesheets, etc.
> Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> <rodrigo ximian com>
One day a tortoise will learn to fly
-- Terry Pratchett, 'Small Gods'
] [Thread Prev