Re: GConf vs. bonobo-config
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Dietmar Maurer <dietmar ximian com>
- Cc: Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com>, Alex Larsson <alexl redhat com>, Sander Vesik <Sander Vesik Sun COM>, Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org>, gnome-2-0-list gnome org, gconf-list gnome org, gnome-components-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: GConf vs. bonobo-config
- Date: 16 Jun 2001 21:25:34 -0400
Dietmar Maurer <dietmar ximian com> writes:
> > In fact I should have a big credit in the bonobo-config docs "this is
> > a reimplementation of Havoc's GConf architecture using Bonobo-native
> > idioms."
> I think the term "architecture" is a bit misleading. I am sure Miguel
> don't want to say that the overall design is bad. Instead I think he is
> talking about what you are calling implementation details (using
> CORBA_any, monikers, bonobo, ...)
> Sorry if you got the impression that I do not respect your work. I have
> just added the above notice to the documentation.
OK, I was only half-serious about that, but I appreciate it. Thanks.
] [Thread Prev