Re: GConf vs. bonobo-config

Michael Meeks <michael ximian com> writes:
> 	Why should it be compatible ? how much data is stored in GConf
> databases ? I challenge people to show me a deployed GConf database that
> is used reliably with much data in it. Regularly trashing ~/.gconf seems
> the only way to overcome some of the exotic behavioral problems I have
> with gconfd.

Bullshit. Pretty much the only serious bug reports I every get are
caused by two gconfds running (OAF bug) or no gconfds running (OAF
bug).

In any case, I don't want to hear this argument unless you've filed
bug reports. GConf logs copious messages to user syslog (only if you
HUP it, in latest version, but by default originally). You can see
there exactly what went wrong most of the time.

Havoc