Re: GConf vs. bonobo-config

Martin Baulig wrote:

> One question:
>
> 1.) Can GConf read GNOME 1.x and KDE configuration files ?
>
> I guess so far we have no plan what to do with all the GNOME 1.x config
> in ~/.gnome once all apps are ported over to GNOME 2, or is there a plan for this ?

But this is something that was never discussed before.....What happens after gnome_config_*??
And this is as important as providing backward compatibility with gtk...Is there a similar
backward compatibility for bonobo-config [and I assume by the question that there is]??

As Ramiro said, user's don't care diddly-squat about what configuration mechanism they use, so
long as their panel configuration provides the launchers that they want to see, that nautilus
still preserves the config they've set up....

The longer two configuration mechanism exist, with incompatibility, the more harmful effect it
will have on the end user....and you could say 'fuck developers, users are the group that
*matter*', and I couldn't agree more.

			See ya,
				Glynn ;)