Re: new CVS module: bonobo-extra

Hi,

On 04 Jun 2001 21:40:21 +0200, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> > What are the commit rules?
>
> The are not 100% clear yet ;-)

Well, I think we should immediately begin with splitting into two
branches. A stable, releasable branch that applications could develop
against, and a development branch for APIs in the design phase.

Also, it would be nice if we could keep strong versioning guidelines for
everything in the stable branch. This means:

- generating a new unique OAFIDs for all interface changes

- keeping all old locked/released interface implementations in the repo,
or maybe just keeping a strict CVS tag policy to get at deprecated
versions.

However, maybe I am missing the point of bonobo-extra. I see it as a set
of components that could be less general than those in bonobo, but still
useful for more than one application.

But maybe you see it as a development sandbox for things to stabilize
before being put into bonobo proper...

-Alex

--
 make: *** No rule to make target `sense'.  Stop.