Re: GNOME::Selector

jacob berkman <jacob ximian com> writes:
> On 01 Jun 2001 14:34:59 +0200, Martin Baulig wrote:
> > Michael Meeks <michael ximian com> writes:
> >
> > >         Firstly, it seems that you have fallen into the trap that bonobo
> > > is still digging itself out of, of thinking that simplicity in the C API
> > > is the important thing - au contraire, one should aim towards having no C
> > > client API whatsoever - then the interface is truly useful to scripting.
> > > So consider a scripter using the API.
> >
> > This works perfectly fine if you script around the GnomeSelectorClient C API.
>
> this totally misses one of the big points of bonobo.
>
> and in fact, is what we are trying to get away from.

Coming in on the thread late - yes, I agree 100%.

Why on earth does GnomeSelector use Bonobo if it will still require a
C API?

Write a component, or write a widget. Mutant combinations are
complicated to understand and implement, hard to memory manage,
bloated, and just generally evil.

One object/type system per object!

If one of the object/type systems doesn't meet all needs, we have to
fix it long-term. Don't work around that by trying to use both at
once.

Havoc