- From: jacob berkman <jacob ximian com>
- To: Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org>
- Cc: Dietmar Maurer <dietmar ximian com>, Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>, Ettore Perazzoli <ettore ximian com>, gnome-components-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: GNOME::Selector
- Date: 01 Jun 2001 11:37:51 -0400
On 01 Jun 2001 17:21:02 +0200, Martin Baulig wrote:
> Dietmar Maurer <dietmar ximian com> writes:
> > I think properties are well suited for the above case. So I do not understand
> > why you need such a complex asynchronous interface, especially when we can
> > implement the whole thing with our existing framework. Please can we try to
> > find all advantages of both approaches:
> Well, we can implement this with properties - but the async stuff is required
> and needs to stay, so we won't gain much with this - but we'd loose the chance
> to provide a custom filter later on.
what is the async stuff required for?
> And as I already said, you should not use this CORBA interface directly but
> use the GnomeSelectorClient C API - so you won't even see this interface.
...which makes this yet more API which needs to be wrapped, documented,
ported to new things, backwards supported...
In the afterlife, a cute .signature will only get you so far.
] [Thread Prev