bonobo-conf questions

Hi,

I've got some new questions after playing around with bonobo-conf. I'm
hoping you can help me out.

- It seems to take a while before ~/.gconf/test/example/%gconf.xml gets
updated. The time i ran a new example (one that doesn't store it's
values in ~/.gconf/test/example), only a directory was created. When the
program closed, there wasn't any data in the %gconf.xml file. After a
couple of minutes (or after running the program again) the file was
finally > 0 bytes. Another example: i've changed the property type from
long to boolean and ran the program again. It's now 10 min later, and i
still don't see the change reflected in the %gconf.xml file. Do i need
to close something in order to have the underlying GConf update the
file?

- What's the smart way to use bonobo-conf in an application? Initially,
there are no values stored, so you'd want to set them to their default
values, right? How do you check if there aren't any existing values?

	if ((arg = Bonobo_Property_getValue (prop, &ev)) == NULL)???

- I've played with the example program that comes with bonobo-conf and
i've changed it slightly so it uses bonobo-conf itself to generate the
GUI. This GUI leaves a lot to be desired (ugly and unusable imo). I
heard that's it's possible to have the BonoboControl itself return a
GUI? Is this correct? If so, where do i need to look for this?

IMHO, i really think bonobo-conf really needs some additional/good
examples if you want people to start using it.

Thanks,

Jeroen