Re: GenericFactory FUBAR?

On 27Jul2001 02:36PM (-0400), Michael Meeks wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> > I'll work on OAF 1 and OAF 2 coexistence this weekend (though I'm not
> > sure that's the problem we're seeing here).
>
> 	Oh Dude ! that's really good news - thanks a lot for that. Short
> of two separate oafd executables it's really not clear to me how best to
> proceed there.

I think the simplest way to do it will be:

* Two separate oafd executables with different names.

* Different install locations for GNOME1 vs. GNOME2 component .oaf
files (anything else is just too complicated and too easy to get wrong
I think).

* A special API to talk to oafd v. 1 from liboaf v. 2 clients for
those rare cases when you need to activate a GNOME 1 server from a
GNOME 2 program (probably most important for GConf).

If anyone else can think of a better solution that's relatively easy
to implement I'll be glad to do that instead.

 - Maciej