Re: oaf plugin patch

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Bill Haneman wrote:

> >"plugin" meaning shared library that gets loaded into the address space
> >and has to adhere to a specific C API and use the same ORB.
>
> I don't see why a bonobo component has to use the same ORB as its
> container.

It doesn't. But, two components in the same address space are going to
normally have to use the same bonobo implementation, and by extension the
same ORB.

> Or does bonobo component embedding not work for out-of-process
> components?

It should work fine, but we're talking about arbitrary objects that are
loaded into the same address space (in-process) via shared libraries.

-- Elliot
If a single monkey presses random keys on a single typewriter for a single
second, it will discover that it needs to be subscribed to gnome-gui-list
to post.