Re: So, what should we do about Persist::getIId?

On 18 Jul 2001 14:19:21 +0200, ERDI Gergo wrote:

> Persist::getIId, in my opinion, should be a
> non-compilcated simple method whose sole purpose is to make it possible to
> _completely_ save a component (which should be Persist's goal anyway).

If we store an IId as part of the persistence mechanism, what happens
when user A, who is an eog user, composes a document with an image/png
in it and sends the document to user B, who thinks eog is the bane of
all existence and has purged it from his system in favor of the latest
duplication of effort to hit the sourceforge ftp site.

Mike